| Car Ferry from Forked Lake
8 miles to Village
|Family|| Raquette Lake House
1903 – 1927
|Brothers trying guideboat|| Steamer Killoquah No. 2
leaving the Village
courtesy Regina Ziemann
Early in the 21st century two sisters were browsing through an antique shop on the main street of Cazenovia, NY, and came upon a set of over-sized negatives – for just fifty cents! The one mark of identification was the name “Raquette Lake House” on the third floor of the large hotel where the family stayed.
After much searching, the sisters found a photographer able to work with the huge format used in the 1920s. The places in the photos matched some of the sites pictured in books they later found in the Raquette Lake Library.
They mentioned their discovery on an Adirondack Museum message board dedicated to children’s camps in the area, and graciously agreed to allow us to share the photographs with visitors to our web site.