Church Interior

Scroll down to view all pictures and descriptions simultaneously.

 

 


 

2009-Tiffany-L

1883 Tiffany Stained Glass Windows

Donated by Francis and Elizabeth Stott of Bluff Point, friends and future in-laws of William West Durant. Dr. Thomas Durant was in business with a member of Mrs. Stott’s family, Durant, Lathrop & Co., in 1840s Albany. Windows in memory of two of the Stotts’ ten children – Lawrence (Laurie) Bradlee died April 1882 at 12 years 8 months, and Dora Aborn died May 1881, 10 years 6 months

1873 Estey Pump Organ 1873 Estey Pump Organ

Stories abound that an early organist insisted a small child sit on the floor, pumping the bellows for the hymns. And when the sermons ran on too long for the young choristers, they would slip out the large window behind the organ. During the late 1890s the organist was the esteemed Anthony Evans, brother of Dr. Evans of Tioga Point. Anthony was also known for his singing of Welsh hymns. More Estey organ info here

1880 Meneely Bell 1880 Bell and Cannon

Tower bell by the famous Meneely Bell Co Troy, NY
(used with permission from Meneely family)

Brass-cannonL
Brass-cannon-plaqueL Brass cannon fired each Sunday morning on Bluff Point by the Stott women¬†signaling the ‘Church Boat’ was arriving 1880-1900. At Adirondack Museum
1877Flag 1877 Flag Replica

Handcrafted by Mona Leslie of St. Andrew’s Albany for the 100th Anniversary of Good Shepherd in 1980, the flag sports the 38 stars from 1877

Font 1880 Solid Granite Baptismal Font

There is no documentation for the transport of the font from shore, but a special support had to be built under the floor. Six Carmichael grandchildren and great-grandchildren have been baptized here. Organ and font also gifts of William West Durant

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *