Photography by Seneca Ray Stoddard
Railway Station, Antlers Point
Hotel Office & Store
Pine & Tamarack Cottages
Cedar Cottage, Casino
Dining Room, Main House, Tent Colony
Social Hall, Cottages
New Dining Hall – seats 200
Main House (unknown photographer)
In 1875 Charles Bennett built a beautiful tourist cottage on Long Point, four years before he and his brother Ed Bennett opened Under the Hemlocks on the same point.
But in 1885 Charlie decided to construct his own establishment on Constable Point. He purchased the 50 acre property from the Constable brothers and began building. The Antlers opened in 1887.
In 1900 the Delaware and Hudson Railway brochure lists C.H. Bennett, proprietor; accommodates 75; $17.50 to $25 per week for adults, $5 per day; boats in connection with the house; cottages to rent.
More history of the Antlers can be found on the Cortland web page.
Great appreciation goes to Larry Miller for sharing photos from his collection